Saturday, August 23, 2008

Napoleon Syndrome@ Short man Syndrome

It was rather late when I took my car to the wash. Need to shine up the old hero for tomorrow's BIGGG event. He he he!

As I came out of the car, a small fierce looking dog came running. I have no idea what breed of a dog it was. Looks like a dachshund but most probably not a throughbred ... anyway am not familiar with dog breed.

It didn't bark. More like showing itself to the visitors [read: customers] then it retreated under a car.

Somehow, I related the dog's behaviour to someone I know in cyber. A fellow alumnus whom I perceived as very arrogant to the point of being rude. He is very much my junior and we actually started out cordially. In fact for a few months we chatted regularly on internet.

He is a regular contributor to our alumni yahoo group. For a brief period, I was made a moderator for the said e-group. He is very patronizing and tend to look down on others' opinion on almost every issue ... religous especially.

Wikipedia gave this definition:-

Napoleon complex is a colloquial term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people who are physically short. The term is also used more generally to describe people who are driven by a perceived handicap to overcompensate in other aspects of their lives. This term is also known as Napoleon syndrome,[1] Short Man syndrome,[2] and Small Man syndrome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who....