Wednesday, October 15, 2008

15 Syawal - Full Moon

As I closed a chat window with the buddy who introduced me to the delight of cyber chat, I was overcome with loneliness. My friend who used to be on the other side of midnight was my inspiration. I drew so much strength from our discussions and exchanges through space.

It was hot inside the house. The fan churned up steamy air. I went out and sit on the porch. It's been a while since I last came out of the house, alone, late at night. It was the fifteenth day of the month. The moon was full. The night was still. It was silent. Not even sound from the crickets.

The air was warm but I shuddered thinking about going under a surgeon's scalpel again at the end of the month. Am not scared of the operation. I've been through three major ones. It's what the doctor might find that is spooking me.

The full moon was bathing everything with her cold silver light throwing the swaying coconut fronds into dancing silhouettes.

Ahh!!! A steaming mug of black coffee with Kitaro on the background. The caffeine did not help my jittery nerves though. I was pretty disturbed.

The stillness of the night was broken occasionally by the passing trailers. Celine Dion's Alone came to mind. "... and the night goes by so very slow. I hope that it won't end though. Alone. Till now, I always get by on my own. I never really care until I met you. And now it chills me to the bone."


This is my view from the porch. The sky was unbelievably bright at almost midnight. Gosh!!! the loneliness felt like a cold blunt knife piercing the heart.

No comments: